Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yes We Can

(Well, I think We Can) This article in the National Post today (January 26, 2009) was pretty interesting to me. I've often thought that things can sometimes get better just by sheer force of will and acting in a positive way to help make things better. I also believe that if the media gets behind positive news and de-emphasises the more negative stuff, maybe people will not be quite as frightened to spend their money and work hard to improve their own livelihood, and thereby improve others in the process. We need strong leadership from all of our leaders, both in the political world and in the business world. Many of the business leaders/bosses are pretty smart guys in whom we have to have some faith to "lead us out of the current darkness and back into the light of prosperity". I know...that's maybe some pretty schmaltzy, overly-simplistic, naive and sentimental stuff. But I really think there's some truth to it. Watching the recent speeches and actions of the new U.S. President, I feel more positive that things can slowly get better. I hope that Canada can put aside its political in-fighting and find a way to help the people jump-start the Canadian economy as well. Work hard, try to stay positive and on target, and trust that we can make it better...

No comments: