Thursday, February 15, 2007

American Idol - Only the Girls are Real Winners?

1. Confession: Yes, I really do watch American Idol 2. I couldn't think of how long this show has been going (turns out this is Season #6) 3. Then I couldn't think of all the previous five winners (turns out they're Kelly Clarkson, Ruben something, Fantasia Barrino, Carrie Underwood, and my personal least-favourite-no-talent-annoying-"SoulPatrol,SoulPatrol"! goof: Taylor Hicks). 4. Then it just popped into my head that only the women winners have gone on to have any real success in selling their music, whereas the years that the men won, the second or third-place people have done better than the winner. e.g. Ruben > Clay Aiken; Taylor > Chris Daughtry and Katharine McPhee. (Well, maybe Taylor has sold some albums, but I'm way too biased against him to admit it...).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taylor who?

Library Diva said...

What happened to Tami, the pedicab driver? I really, really liked her audition. I see she didn't make the final 24, though. Too bad. I'd buy a CD from her!