Thursday, January 18, 2007

"Stump Jump" from Australia

My newest favourite wine under $15 is Stump Jump

http://www.sawineco.com/images/products/darenberg-the-stump-jumper-2003.jpg

It is (as usual for me) a red wine from Australia, and is a blend of Shiraz, Grenache and Mourvedre.

I don't really know what that means, except that I know I like Shiraz (like Eaglehawk, etc.), and also Shiraz/Cabernet blends (like Jacob's Creek and Promised Land and Cawarrah), and I like some other more expensive wines from d'Arenberg (like Laughing Magpie), so I decided to try this one.

It was in the Vintages section of the L.C.B.O. - somewhere I usually don't shop - but it was just $13.95 so I went for it.

Big, bold taste at a fairly reasonable price. Would be good with some pretty strong-tasting meals, and is just great all-by-itself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just tried a bottle of Stump Jump Red - I'm partial to bold, fruity reds and this one fit the bill. I linked to your comments.

Roger